- Ever feel restless and less than in love with your life?
- Ever wonder if it’s good enough to be simply you, rather than a “rock star” or earning millions or hanging with the cool kids?
- Ever feel bone tired by trying and striving, yet still want and even need to help the hurting world?
- Ever wish you could find a better way to both slow down and take action, so your life is both one that you savor and one that better serves the world?
- Ever feel you lost something essential somewhere along the line and the time to find it is now?
Me, too! Here is where I explore these and lots more “how do we make a good life?” topics, working to stay away from cute answers and far, far away from new age platitudes, and to instead articulate how to savor & serve a good enough life, in hopes that might help us sustainably salve our sweet ole world.
Twitter version: Self-love+world-love=will make you whole
(I’m not sure if that is true by the way but I know it has truth in it.)
- Join my list by signing up for once or twice weekly or twice monthly updates in the upper right column – the big pink box over there. (I’d join weekly so you get notice of everything, but that’s just me.)
- New to self-care? Get my classic best-seller The Woman’s Comfort Book. Trying to find your thing in life without getting all uptight? The Life Organizer will serve you beautifully. Want a hybrid of self-help, memoir and fiction, many people’s favorite — Comfort Secrets for Busy Women. Ready for help finding satisfaction? My Satisfaction Finder and all my books are here.
- Ready for a total reset? Join me here.
15 Things that Led Me to Here:
- Canoed around the world when I was 27 (okay, that’s a lie but I did canoe over 300 miles on a north flowing river) with a Jungian analyst and a former rodeo star turned shaman. Top 10 experiences of my life.
- Wrote six books on well-being and personal wisdom that have sold something like a million copies in 9 languages.
- Led my first women’s retreat in the wilderness at 29. Made a lot of mistakes but had a blast.
- Gave birth at home. Oh Lilly baby!
- Studied ontological coaching at Newfield Network and fell in love with ontology.
- Launched a big site at ComfortQueen.com in 2000 with over 100,000 unique monthly visitors and hundreds of contributors and a big on-line store. Made money.
- Studied yoga and meditation since I was 12. Still consider myself a total newbie. And I am.
- Wanted to be a filmmaker and moved across the U.S. to attend USC film school at 19. Almost killed me. Still love film madly and flirt with writing screenplays again.
- Created popular licensed products including calendars and mugs people still ask for. Stopped because I didn’t like making stuff. Also because I didn’t want to run a business. Mainly because I didn’t know how to get support.
- Have struggled with low grade illness much of my life. Never stop practicing wellness.
- Found the good in the three years in which my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and my husband with leukemia, my Dad had fatal heart attack while I was in Italy, husband left to find himself, and I lost a big contract as a national spokesperson on the same day my dear friend died tragically. Did I mention the cat getting eaten by coyotes?
- Talked about self-kindness and women’s well-being on behalf of big brands like Real Networks, SC Johnson, and Procter & Gamble.
- Wrote a regular column for Body&Soul magazine for three+ years and had a radio show on Martha Stewart’s Sirrius network.
- Worked my butt off to get on Oprah and then realized, walking off her stage, that I had sold myself out. Great life lesson.
- Fell in love at 45. Brave enough to blend our families. Getting hitched August 17th, 2013. More in love everyday. Total miracle.
- Walk around astonished by life most of the time. Feel goofy for feeling this way. And love myself for being so goofy.
Where else can you find me?
- Amazon Author Page
- Phone: 206-999-8693 Leave me a detailed message.
- Mail: PO Box 10065, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110 (If you need a non-PO Box delivery, email me.)
Thanks for using the form below to get in touch.
I love to read your emails and ohh and ahh at all the good things you are doing, but it’s not practical for me to reply to everything, especially “Should I get a divorce?” or “How do I publish a book?” or “How do I become a life coach?” questions.
I don’t do straight book or product reviews nor do I do Amazon book campaigns except via Twitter if I have reviewed the book. I do interview cool people for the blog so if you are interested, tell me about you! Please send review copies to PO Box 10065, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
If you’d like me to be part of your telesummit or your radio show or your trip to Mars, send the details, size of audience, and what you’ll need from me. I’ll respond if it’s a fit. I am taking the summer of 2013 off from interviews. Thanks for understanding!
Big love oh you beautiful one!