Does the thought of the climate crisis decimating our world fill you with thoughts of doom and gloom…
- No matter what I do it doesn’t matter…
- Why bother with ANY of my desires if there won’t be a world to live in?…
- I’m powerless in the face of large corporations that continue to ignore their impact on the planet so they can profit…
Take a deep breath. And another one.
In this episode of Create Out Loud, I talk about one of the topics that moved me to write my book, Why Bother? Discover the Desire for What’s Next – climate change. Climate crisis. Climate emergency.
Instead of stopping the conversation with “we’re doomed”, I’m challenging you in this episode to think about what you can do, as someone who creates.
How can you use your creativity, and your desire to amplify the message, provide support to climate scientists, and spread the message of hope. Because without hope, we give up, and if we give up on trying to solve this problem then we are 100% doomed.
Do I know if hoping and creating will cause global change?
No. But I know what the immense cost of doing nothing is.
Listen to the episode to learn:
- Why you don’t need to be a climate scientist to talk about climate change
- How you can leverage your creativity to make a difference
- Why thinking about global impact will keep you stuck… instead, think about community impact
- Why we need to make the problem smaller and ourselves bigger
- A lot of my thinking about climate change is informed by A Field Guide to Climate Anxiety by Sarah Jacquette Ray
- Check out the first chapter of my book, Why Bother: Discover the Desire for What’s Next right here
Visit jenniferlouden.com/podcastkit to get instant access to a collection of audios that will
- help you with some of the most common struggles we creatives have to manage including fear of choosing,
- falling into compare and despair, managing the inner critic (s),
- and feeling too exposed and vulnerable when you put yourself or your work into the world.
Share this episode!
Want to leave a review?
Watch this video to learn how!
Start your book, find your hook, and finally publish your non-fiction book.
Start your book,
find your hook,
and finally publish your
Need Help Getting Started
Making Your Thing?
Grab the stunningly intuitive & effective:
Make Your Thing guide
I’m not one of those creepy people who make it hard to unsubscribe or email you again nine years after you’ve unsubscribed. Giving me your email is like a coffee date, not a marriage proposal.