Mastermind Your $100 Start-Up
At our Brain Trust retreat two weeks ago, Michael Bungay Stanier asked Eric, Molly, Michele, and Mark to talk about Chris Guillebeau’s great new book, The $100 Start-Up. Michael came up with a handful of spot-on questions and we came up with more than a handful of spot-on answers and juicy insights. Here’s what we covered:
- How we avoid (hopefully) being sleazy, slimy sales manics and get known — no chicken suits or sandwich boards required.
- How we made the leap between following our bliss to serving others — and earning a great living.
- Insights into how we each handle pricing for different projects and offers, and what profit really is (took us awhile to learn this one).
- How we finally found ourselves worthy (cue Wayne’s World).
- How to reinvent especially after great success or why the $100 Start-Up isn’t just for 20 somethings who want to travel the world.
Here’s the complete audio of our rollicking conversation — including guffaws andback ground noises (we were siting outside by the water of a flawless spring day) + transcript. I hope you find this useful — I sure did.
P.S. There is a lovely buzz around my course Creating Your Own Mastermind Group. Listening to this interview and reading the transcript makes me want even more for you to have this same level of peer support for your work and dreams. Click here to see if this short course might help. Thanks!
P.P.S. You want to get a copy of Chris’s book if you have any interest in having a small business that actually works.