Listening Deeply with Mark Nepo
Listening deeply with Mark Nepo transforms me. Me, and millions of others, ever since Mark’s work was discovered by Oprah. We are wonder struck by Mark’s poetic truth-telling and presence.
We spent a week together two years ago at a writing retreat I was lucky enough to be invited to that will always be a highlight of my life.
Mark has a new book out that you must read. MUST. It’s called Seven Thousands Ways to Listen. While reading this book, I am transformed in to a calmer more open person. A person who listens more deeply. I will be reading this book, like all his books, for years to come. For forever actually.
Listen in as Mark and I talk about::
- What the reward for listening is
- How Mark writes
- Why tools and technology highjack listening and how to slow down until life opens to us
- Why you need not despair when you find yourself gobbling cookies and closing your heart to yourself yet again
- The difference between the soul’s calling and the call of the soul, and how they work together to guide you
- How the work of the world and the work of the Self are the same, and how we can best encounter the challenges of our time
Share your email and each Wednesday I’ll send you an article that attempts to answer the question: How do you shape and live your most creative & expressive life? Plus get my brand new guide to help you get into action and follow through on your creative desires.