Listening deeply with Mark Nepo transforms me. Me, and millions of others, ever since Mark’s work was discovered by Oprah. We are wonder struck by Mark’s poetic truth-telling and presence.
We spent a week together two years ago at a writing retreat I was lucky enough to be invited to that will always be a highlight of my life.
Mark has a new book out that you must read. MUST. It’s called Seven Thousands Ways to Listen. While reading this book, I am transformed in to a calmer more open person. A person who listens more deeply. I will be reading this book, like all his books, for years to come. For forever actually.
Listen in as Mark and I talk about::
- What the reward for listening is
- How Mark writes
- Why tools and technology highjack listening and how to slow down until life opens to us
- Why you need not despair when you find yourself gobbling cookies and closing your heart to yourself yet again
- The difference between the soul’s calling and the call of the soul, and how they work together to guide you
- How the work of the world and the work of the Self are the same, and how we can best encounter the challenges of our time